Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Finally - a new post!

It's been a few days since I last wrote anything. Not much has happened.

On Sunday, Mum came to visit. We went out for lunch and the waitress (in her 40/50s) said to me, "I wouldn't want to sleep with you tonight... with all those beans." I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing. Luckily she kept her word and didn't try to sleep with me that night.

We rushed to the quiz on Sunday evening as we thought it wasn't on, but realised it was 5 minutes before it started. We came third and Mike did a funny dance. We came back and cooked dinner at about 11.30pm.

I got up early then played badminton with Pete this morning. I managed to (almost) get 180 in darts (the top score), but one of the darts bounced out :-(. We went to the 'spoons after food, then trundled back.

I've realised that my MP3 player is good for transferring large files like films and TV episodes between computers. You may think this is illegal, but did you also know that it's illegal to copy a CD you own onto a tape (e.g. for your car) or rip a CD onto your computer (e.g. to MP3) in the UK, without the implicit permission from the copyright holder? It's also illegal to digitally scan any document (unless you have permission) or copy text from a website (without permission). However, it is legal for me to record a film from Sky onto my computer and watch it later.

I have 4 lectures in a row tomorrow, starting from 9am, so I'm going to sleep now.

No comments: