Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Turbo Coolnes: Nokia Mobile Search

I finally have UK maps on my phone! Nokia mobile search is amazing and works on my 7610! The maps aren't quite as good as Google maps, but the interface is very good. Now I'll never be lost! I used 200k of bandwidth in a minute or two, so watch out for data costs.

This seems quite cool, but it would be better if it could text all your friends instead of emailing them: Let ALL your friends & family know you're ok with 1 text @ www.textOK.com. Profits go to chairty, which is nice. Basically, when someone bombs London, you text "OK " to 60999, then they email everyone with the message. You can add up to 20 email addresses, so let me know if you want to be added!

If your a random reader, wiggle over to Nick's blog and add a silly comment. He can't work out how to add new posts.

Alsoly, this is cheaper than Skype, but I haven't tried it yet.

7 comments:

Tommeh said...

ARGH info overload... may ... melt... blargh.... Mike's gonna be at house on 1st as well now, woooo

Michael said...

News spreads like mayo.

Anonymous said...

You should also try Mobile GMaps - http://www.mgmaps.com , it's a J2ME (Java) application that displays Google Maps and satellite imagery on your mobile phone!

David Hulbert said...

Cheers for the link. I've tried that but it wont open any images. It connects and downloads about 50k, but doesn't show any maps :-(. It looks lots better than the Nokia search thing but I can't get it to work (on O2 UK on my 7610). Anyone know how to make it work?

David Hulbert said...

Wow, you are the Christian Streng of mgmaps.com! I didn't realise that. And you've visited my blog! I hope I can get mgmaps to work.

Tommeh said...

excellent time to be alive

David Hulbert said...

Mobile GMaps does work! Woo! I just updated it n stuff. Clever. I'm gona have a huge data bill soon :-(. May get an unlimited data plan next year, then get VOIP too! Woop!