Tuesday, August 26, 2008

O2 and Wescot

Grrr no.1:
I canceled my old O2 contract last year and they have only just sent (via a credit agency) a letter to my old address, saying I still owe them money. What I want to know is why O2 didn't try emailing me (they still have my current email address). Then I could have paid in minutes, instead of months.

If anyone from O2 is reading this: try emailing people with the email address you already have! It must cost them quite a bit to get a credit agency to track people down. Maybe that's why O2's prices have just gone up.

Grrr no.2:
I went to pay the outstanding debt at Wescot. Have a look at their payment page. The submit button is a link to a page that doesn't exist. That means when you've filled out the form and click submit you get a 404 and loose the data you entered. Luckily I have Firebug installed, so could fix the website.

I changed the erroneous:


<a href="paydetails.html"><input type="image" src="https://www.paywescot.co.uk/_images/submitbut.gif" value="Submit" alt="Submit" tabindex="28">

to:
<input type="image" src="https://www.paywescot.co.uk/_images/submitbut.gif" value="Submit" alt="Submit" tabindex="28">


And then I did the same on the confirmation page. After submitting the form I received a confirmation email (that GMail couldn't view properly -- bad Content-Type header I think) saying I'd paid. Pheww!

4 comments:

Tommeh said...

This happened to me with O2, but rather than old address, I was in foreign lands. All very stupid, but 3 months after the FINAL NOTICE, they still didn't arrest me or anything and I just rang up and paid and cancelled. Though I had to write a paper letter to cancel?! Can't see why I couldn't just do it on phone/online. Pant hats.

Anonymous said...

hey the same thing is happening to me, what exactly do i need to do, i dont have a firebug installed do i need one too do it?

thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I found "Wizbit" from your old blog which maybe you have forget because the latest news is as WEDNESDAY, MAY 24, 2006.
I can't connect to your code address "http://dave1010.googlepages.com/wizbit"which I'm very interested in.
I hope you can give me some help.
Can you contract me with kblueice%hotmail.com? very thank you!

Nehru suit said...

This information sums up for me precisely what this topic depends upon and some of the crucial benefits that can be created from knowing about it as if you. A friend once remarked that you have a totally different perspective when you do something for certain as opposed to when you’re merely toying with it. In the case of this topi