Good news everyone. Hannah and I have decided to get a different flat, instead of the one we were getting before. The flat below the old one was really run down and not worth the risk. The new one is a little more expensive but has a nice garden and a super kitchen. It's also much nearer work and Poole town centre. It's close to the far West of Ashley road, near where Amie (lil sis) lives. We'll let you know how everything goes. Hopefully moving before we get maried!
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Well it's that time of day again - lunch. It's also that time of year - Christmas. Most excellent.
Can anyone tell me: what's it like celebrating Christmas if you're not a Christian. As a Christian I can't quite imagine, but i guess it must be like your celebrating someone elses day. Kind of like if Ramadan got really popular amongst athiests and we all celebrated it. I don't know. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone.
Posted by David Hulbert at 12/24/2006 01:31:00 PM
Monday, December 04, 2006
In a few simple steps.
- Find someone you want to get a house with
- Get a job
- Work out how much you can afford to borrow; either by talking to a mortgage broker / adviser or online.
- Start looking at houses
- Talk to more mortgage people and decide on a mortgage
- Get a mortgage in principle
- Find a good solicitor
- Find a house you like
- Work out how much its worth and put a bid in
- If your bid's accepted, instruct your solicitor to do stuff
- Get a mortgage
- Sort out building's insurance, life assurance, MPPI, etc.
- Wait for ages
Posted by David Hulbert at 12/04/2006 06:41:00 PM